Monday 22 April 2013

Ouch My Ankle

Well what can I say, ouch indeed.
Here's the run down Briefly pulling hard, fall, deck. Lol
So im up on my project just put the draws back on and all set up climb the easy bit to the first draw and clip in. I then pull on and straight into the first crux this goes fine and im clipping the 3rd draw ready for second crux which is a hard rockover up for a nice pad crimp so im pulling hard trying to gain the height when my hand pings and I fall. Next think im still falling and then smashing into the ground, Ouch WTF im shouting at my belayer whilst trying to fathom how I hit the floor.

What happened well we all no that assisted braking belays usually catch you and that's it, well this time it didn't and my unfortunate girlfriend ended up dropping me on the deck. Its not her fault but i was still pissed at her but as I now know all to well they are only assisted and not bomb proof so when the rope zipped through and she panicked no wonder i decked but O well just a very painful ankle the day before i go to the verdon as well !!! Never mind hope it heals soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment